Saturday, July 23, 2011

When Trials and Tribulation Refine Character

You let men ride over our heads; we went through fire and water, but you brought us to a place of abundance. NIV (Psalms 66:12)


What blessed assurance it is knowing that no matter how broken, battered and bashed we become there's much more than light at the end of a tunnel. There's a strange sense of competence when faith is your greatest weapon and that persevering against all odds is rewarded with breakthroughs and full baskets…but struggle is inevitable. We all face face swirls of strife when still waters suddenly rises forcing you to higher ground. I found out long ago that in each of your lives, in one way or another, you will face times when you must answer satan's charges and prove that even if you can't swim, He is still God! Early times of change and challenge sorely tried all that was in me. I learned with great trepidation that if you can remember where you started from while continuing to establish a rapport with God to honor and obey, great things can happen.  


Your character through storms usually do not lie. It will betray you if and when you're not armed adequately. This is when the evil one is most busiest! It reminds me also that God is our sole protector and no one else should come before Him when you seek nurturing. But let's look at struggle from a deeper perspective -- in order to really know and be appreciative of God's mercy and grace there must be faith initiatives to get to know him better. Establishing a relationship, keeping His Commandments and studying the Bible is par for this course. You will have to be broken to be made whole again. A brand new you will guarantee you that new lease on life you seek as you struggle to refine your character.


I must confess that I'm not all that I should be…that I err in the face of tempting vices that are carnal and contagious, but I know where I am and what's expected of me. It's all about a new and deeper wisdom, helping me discern truth from lies and giving me the necessary discipline to do what's right. Moreover, these trials helps me to realize that tomorrow isn't promised and that survival traits that are characteristic of finding peace in the storm shouldn't be taken for granted. What are your opinion on this subject…how are you coping with your stormy weather? Your comments are welcome!  

1 comment:

  1. I have discovered how God is so amazing in how He relates to his sons and daughters. He has a view of us that we will only fully understand as we continue to seek Him thus inheriting His character traits and displaying His Love. Those same trials that He allows into our lives are tools of grace used in strengthen our inner man drawing us closer of Him. When we take the time and ponder in our hearts His strategic of love, He will fill us with His spirit causing PRAISE to leave our lips!

    ReplyDelete